6.19.2011

some more chairs....

Carlo Mollino
Torino

This is another post from those wonderful
Italian design books
that everyone just calls "Esempi".
The full title of these two volumes on seating are:
I pulled some of my weirder 
and more unusual
favorites from both volume one and two.
I was just going to go with 
"sexy chairs",
but then it would have just been a 
post,
which would have been fine 
since every post 
should / could 
be 
about Carlo....
He's a fucking genius....

Institute of Design
Chicago
Not sure why I like this one so much.
Probably because of the Chicago connection.

Giorgio Ramponi
Bologna
Weird and cool. Tripod based chairs always get me.

Mario Cristiano & Eugenio Gerli
Milano
Hum... this reminds me of this post....

Giorgio Wenter Marini
Venezia
Great forms and then you add the crazy carving.
Could have been a bad move, but it works here.

Paolo A. Chessa
Milano
Please, so killer for so many reasons....

Gian Case
Milano
Crazy Caterpillar lounge!

Marco Zanuso
Milano
Giddy up!

Luisa and Ico Parisi
Como
Siamese Twins 

Franco Albini
Milano
Jailbreak chair.

Jean Royere
Paris
Another caterpillar chair....

Giuseppe Pizzigoni
Bergamo
This isn't a stool, it's a sculpture!

Richard Filipowski
Chicago
Cool. 
I've heard of this guys before somewhere....
Here he is....

Carlo Mollino
Torino
Another tripod, another great chair....

Carlo Mollino
Torino
Semi-tripod.
Reminds me of those stupid looking motorcycle things
I am starting to see in the City....

Carlo Di Carli
Milano
I would have guessed early Sottsass.

Ernest Race
London
Interesting. Not a huge ER fan, but you gotta like this.

Clive Latimer
London
Weird and cool and not at all British looking, 
whatever that means...

Luisa and Ico Parisi
Como
Wire, when done right
 can make a hell of a chair.

Gio Ponti
Padova
Gio Ponti was a fuckin' genius too.
I should post more on him....

Related posts here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment