7.23.2010

woodstock handmade hippy freaks

I found the book
"Woodstock Handmade Houses"
today
while out pickin' in 
Hendersonville.
I know it has been blogged about
ALOT,
maybe too much,
but when I looked at the other
posts,
I wasn't seeing what 
was seeing.
I wasn't seeing the Apartamesso
hippy chic, dusty dirty
spider plant
vibe 
that every kid under 40 is grooving on,
what I was seeing was the geometry,
the organic geometry
that these wise bearded Woodbutchers
of Woodstock
had brought to these homes.
From the geodesic yurts, 
to entire trees used
as
structural beams,
I was totally taken my the moderness
of these handmade houses,
a moderness that came not from fashion
or choice,
but from necessity.
Pretty great....



















2 comments:

  1. Hear hear...I see the ultimate Charlotte Perriand brand of organic modernism through the cobwebs. I love this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, makes me want to run away upstate and live in a dome and sell macrame plant holders.....

    ReplyDelete