6.29.2010

slice-a-slice

I cut my 
hand 
slicing a bagel
at my new brother-in-law's parent's 
apartment
during the post-wedding brunch.
My friend Sara said that would not have
happened
IF
 I had had my Slice-a-Slice with me....

Kinda Prouve-like 
with the perforated metal
and
the rubber feet isn't it?

Thin
Easy to store.

Simple


Fun to photograph.


Lots of fun.
These are the handles.

Open.
The wood strip at the bottom is
little
odd.

Not as deadly as the knife,
but still,
be careful
even
with your Slice-a-Slice!

Prouve again.
I learned about Slice-a-Slice
from my 98 year old grandmother 
Mammy.
She likes her toast thin.
I saw hers and had to get one.


The patent date dates it to 1939.
(Mammy bought hers new in the 40s.)
UPDATE:
I just did a patent search 
and it
was designed by
Arthur Katzinger.
Nice job Art!

"is especially applicable to the preparation
of serving dainty-type sandwiches
as carried on
incidentally in
the home."

Sounds like Mammy for sure.....

If I were you,
I'd say it's time to get a
Slice-a-Slice....

1 comment:

  1. p. i dont see a band aid on your fotografin fingers.. the slice device is some kind of u.s.engineering breakfast "eiserne jungfrau" for the wonder...

    ReplyDelete