1.17.2010

Eero Saarinen: Shaping the Future


I went to see this show today at The Museum of the City of New York. I highly recommend it, and it is MUCH larger and more comprehensive than I imagined. Quite a talent, and the "Tulip" chair is the LEAST of his accomlishments, yet to most of the world that is all he is known for. Here is the link to the museums website, I was unsuccessful in teaching myself how to embed it in the title in the 3 minutes I allotted myself to try to figure out how to do it! -UPDATE: I did embed it, just click on the title of the post to go to the museum website. Now that's more like it!

Here are some more shots of the TWA Terminal model. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to take pictures, so I snuck these with my iphone.... I was a little gun-shy after being reprimanded, very sternly I might add, by a guard at the Bauhaus show recently. I got the shot though, and it is now my screensaver, so I guess it was worth it.











No comments:

Post a Comment