4.11.2012

man crush: yves klein

Yves Klein
Shortly before his death....
1962

It's been a while since we had a good
around here.
Yves Klein, 
what can I say about poor Yves....
I've been obsessed with him forever,
weird how I have kept that to myself for the past
2 1/2 years here on MONDOBLOGO. 
Very little Yves, 
but lots of him all in me....
(oh behave....)

Yves Klein and Rotraut Uecker
Paris
1961

Yves Klein
Making "Fire Paintings" at the Centre d'Essais du Gaz de France
Paris
1961

Yves Klein
1961

Madman....

Yves Klein
"Le Globe est Blue"
c. 1961

Yves and Claude Pascal
Nice
1951

Yves Klein's handpainted shirt
1948

Yves Klein and fellow madman
preparing for their joint exhibition
"Vitesse pure stabilité monochrome"
1958

Yves Klein 
Working on an "Anthropometry"
Paris
c. 1961

Yves Klein 
Working with a model making a "Shroud Anthropometry"
14 rue Campagne Premiere.
Paris
February 17, 1960

Yves Klein
March 17, 1961

Yves Klein and my man 
at the Galerie Rive Droite
Paris
October 11, 1960

Yves Klein
Making "Fire Anthropometries " at the Centre d'Essais du Gaz de France
Paris
July 19, 1961
God I love this picture... the concentration, the cigarette, 
and of course the model....

Yves Klein and Rotraut Uecker
at La Coupole
Paris
November 9, 1961

Yves Klein
Age 1

Yves Klein
Fourth dan Black Belt in Judo
1960

Yves Klein 
Regalia of the Knights of Saint Sebastian

Yves Klein
1961

Yves Klein
c. 1961

Yves Klein
Directing the making of
"Imprints".
1960

Also looking awfully "Scarface"....

Yves Klein
1960
I know how it feels Yves,
well, 
not yet....






All images from

3 comments:

  1. Jimmy Fallon lookalike...interesting character- as R U ...P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to present my undergrad senior paper on Yves! Aiming to expand the canon to include fire sculptures and planetary reliefs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the grandson of the late Micheal Blankfort who participated with Yves in the Immaterial Sensitivity zone in Paris in 1962. Thank you for your tribute to a great artist as well as a spark of genius.

    ReplyDelete