3.07.2011

kid size kool kids krap

"Mechanical Horse"
Charles and Ray Eames
1944

Today someone "twittered"
the post I did on 
after seeing it
as the 
on Print Magazine's
website.
I got about a jillion hits because of it,
(Well a jillion for me, which is like 12-14.)
 so I figured that was my cue 
to post some more 
kool kids krap.

"Cartoon"
Heath Robinson
1936
Gotta love the pussy perch,
and a baby with a cup of tea,
vedddy British.

"Baby Walker"
Late 1700s

Kids carrying adult size chairs.
Palermo
1960

"I Prelibi"
(The Prebooks)
Bruno Munari
Danese
1979

African Ingenuity
1960s

American Ingenuity
"Outdoor Acoustic Laboratory"
Knightdale Elementary School
North Carolina
1990

Nursery Interior
Ingeborg Waern Bugge
Polhemsgatan, Sweden
1933
Check that lamp out!

What's a post about kids furniture
without this shot?
But I bet you haven't seen this one....
'Trisserne" 
(Bobbin)
Children's Stools
Nanna Ditzel
1962

Highchair
Paul Wintermans
1978

"Toilet Chair"
Anonymous
1935
It's a folk art Prouvé pooper.

"Nursery Cupboard"
Johannes Trüstedt
nd
(My iPhoto retouch skills are sweet right? WTF is that red blob?)

"Kids Furniture"
Günter Beltzig
1966

"Rocking Seat"
Piet Hein Stulemeyer
1967
It's going to eat you up....

"Rocking Sculpture"
Walter Pabst
1954
I heard that Walter won a Blue Ribbon for this design....

"Nursery Chair"
Piet Zwart
1921

"Rocking Tub"
Günter Beltzig
1966

"Furniture for Children"
Kristian Vedel
1956
Is that George Gilpin as a kid???

"Play Table"
Stig Lonngren
1963

"Zocker Chair"
1972
This kinds photo scares me and Finding Fabulous....

"Filius Seating"
Günter Beltzig
1974

'Trekkar Handcart"
1923

Tricycle
Anonymous
1950

"Feeding Table/Safety Table/Eating and Play Table"
Anonymous
1975
The name of this thing is almost as good as it is.

"High Chair"
Piet Hein Stulemeijer
1968
Wonder if he knows
Piet Hein Stulemeyer?

"Experimental Chair for Children"
Charles and Ray Eames
1950
I ain't never done did seen this before.
Those freaky Eames brothers sure know how to
make some crazy shit!

MORE

6 comments:

  1. These are great. The Zocker tribe makes me feel a kinda "Animal Farm" fear. I could not stop giggling at your Ray the other Eames Brother comment yesterday. thanks always love your humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother Ray wuz the brain behind Charlie's brawn...

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooperpigger3/8/11, 6:53 PM

    I need that trike! I might have to braze one up for Ava. Also, Everyone knows Gilpin came to earth as a fully grown humanoid. Sheash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that feeding table is just crazy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brothers? I thought they were a couple...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erik, it's a running joke. Not a really funny joke, but a joke none the less....

    ReplyDelete