10.23.2011

perfect documents: walker evans and african art

I found this little jewel in the remainders
bin at 
The catalog is from 2000 and coincided with the exhibition
"Perfect Documents: 
Walker Evans and African Art, 1935"
at the Met.
I love African art, well about 1/2 of it,
but that is saying a lot.
Great African art takes my breath away, 
and the worst makes me want kill.
Nice dichotomy. 
But I think that's true
about most things I feel strongly about.
Love/Hate. Kiss/Punch. Slurp it up/Vomit it out....

All photos are by the sublimely awesome Walker Evans,
except for one. 
Who can tell me which one is not by Walker?
I kinda have a man crush on anyone named Walker.
My favorite fishing guide is named Walker.
It got a little uncomfortable in the boat once 
while he was baiting my hook,
but I digress....











Buy your copy 
Related MONDOBLOGO
post
You know what?
THIS POST AIN'T OVER!
I live with a great mask and he/she started talking to me 
while finishing-up and
I figured why not throw some pics in.
So here you go:






Brimfield score.
Sweet.

1 comment:

  1. the girl with the puckered navel is no walker shot?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTljMHlyA1o&ob=av2e
    pls advise!

    ReplyDelete