9.02.2011

jeannette barron goes fishing with john

Francesco Clemente

I just discovered
in of all places
Don't ask why I was looking there....
Anyway, I love these portraits!

John Waters
More on John soon....

George Condo
Dig that Eames Screen.

Matt Dillon and Dennis Hopper

Robert Mapplethorpe

Ryuichi Sakamoto

Barbara Jacobson
Related post 

William S. Burroughs
NYC
1985

Cindy Sherman
NYC
1986

Rainer Fetting and Desmond
NYC
1984
Raminstein Brothers indeed!

Bianca Jagger

Willem Dafoe

Julian Schnabel
Gotta love him or hate him,
no in between....

Enzo Cucchi
Great

Jean-Michel Basquiat and Andy Warhol

Francesco Clemente
NYC
1981
This reminds me of
my favorite movie of all time!
Related post here.

Keith Haring
NYC
1985

John Lurie
I loved The Lounge Lizards!
And "Down by Law", "Stranger Than Paradise",
and of course

5 comments:

  1. Those were the days! Love the photos, Not so sure about Julian?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the new york social diary interiors and house section.
    favorite fishing with john was parts dennis hopper "so and so had real feet but artificial legs" and mostly willam defoe. "sometimes i get a little sweet at night"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could a post make me miss past NY more? I swear my immigration lawyer was John Lurie in a suit... How do things feel in NY now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Cindy Sherman pic especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. schnabel looks here like helmut lang making ends meet + mending makes sweet in vienna 25 years ago.

    ReplyDelete