2.10.2011

my bambino can kick your bambino's ass

I would like to start out by saying is there anything
that I have posted that
has not already posted somewhere else
3-4 years earlier?
Most probably on
since most of my gibberish
is not worthy the pixels
that greg.org is written on.
But daddytypes,
I can hang with that crowd....

These pictures are from
It's pretty good,
but no real need to buy it.
Just print out this post.
Unless you can read Italian,
then buy it,
I guess.
Maybe you should, maybe you shouldn't.
Who am I to say?
Ok, you should buy it.
What? You don't read Italian?
Then don't buy it.
Seriously.
Forget about it.
You don't need it.
These stools are amazing though.
Circa 1920-30
Roma

From a country school
1920s.

This is more like it!
1914-18
Giacomo Balla
"Futurballa"
1970
Huh? 1970? I know in 1911
Giacomo changed his name to 
but 1970, I think that is a misprint.
Really, no need to buy this book....
Giacomo Balla
1928
Giacomo Balla
1932

Why can't I find some of this shit when
walking the floors of Parma 
for 12 hours straight day after day?
Antonio Rubino
1928
Dude, this chair freaks me out!
Creepy McCreeplerton......

Look at this suave little rug rat.
1939

Unknown Designer
1926-36
This is cool, 
but I really don't love the chair desk combo.
Unless it looks like these:
Gastone Rinaldi
1949
Rainmondo Uggeri
1960
These are super cool.
Doesn't look like they actually made them though.
Too bad.

Designer Unknown
1950
Look how cool this thing is!
WAIT!
It's a poop chair!
I hate poop chairs!
Cover that hole and rip that tray off the front
and then my friends you have a killer child's chair.

Camillo Nardi-Greco and Lorenzo Castello
1942
Super cool
GO CUBS!!!!!

Gio Ponti
1938
I love me some Gio.
That should be my next 

Carlo Mollino
1943
Even better! 

Unknown Designer
1950
1950? I don't think so. 1968-1978

We have established 
that I can't read 
Italian, 
so I can't read the caption,
but why is this
 CREEPY
photo in this book?
Because he is sitting on a 
child's chair?
Really?
Is the guy in the 
Toga
pinching his own nipple?

Robert Mango
1956
These are so great.
I want everything shown except for the
crying little man.

Hans von Klier
1964
Oh, 
where is your kids chair line?

Gorges Coslin
1966
This photo makes me happy!
Although the more I look at it.... the kid in the
box looks a little concerned, and the kid pulling it looks a little
too into it....

Marco Zanuso and Richard Sapper
1960-64
This is a disaster waiting to happen....

6 comments:

  1. greg from daddytypes2/10/11, 7:10 PM

    The Cherub Crib, as advertised in the New Yorker in 1957--and as imported from It'ly by Playhouse of Jackson, Tennessee!

    http://daddytypes.com/2006/01/06/where_did_the_mid-century_modern_cherub_crib_go.php

    Nice hustle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2006? I didn't know there were even blogs back there in the goode olde daze.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. p: great like ever.
    look here :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_Torlonia_%28Rome%29
    this was mussolinis retreat in rome- there they had a " kid's village " today it is a hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh si si e' stupendo e lo mettero' nella lista dei libri da comprare!
    : )
    so, where i can actually find this book?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can find it here:
    http://www.amazon.it/misura-bambino-Centanni-linfanzia-1870-1970/dp/8842069787

    ReplyDelete