10.14.2010

12 hours of shopping and all i got was this lousy niedermeyer helmet

So,
it was time today 
to set-up for the annual
"Grammercy Park Modernism Show"
now,
not at 
The Grammercy Park Armory, 
and
not even called 
that anymore.
It is now 
and is located at
7 West 34th Street,
directly across the street from 
The Empire State Building.
The show is a shadow of its former self, 
I am sad to say.....
Anyway,
I wanted to document all the dealers setting up,
but man was it boring,
so all you are going to get are some 
silly shots of me
and a couple of
sweet pieces of merch
we bought....

Me
with a jellyfish on my head.
Actually, 
this is is a 
Barovier 
"A Grosse Costolature"
from the 1940s.

This was my very favorite piece of the show,
Guido Gambone vase, 
circa 1950s.
They don't get much better than this....
It was huge too,
which uhm, never hurts,
well, maybe sometimes....

Believe it or not,
this ceramic is by
Ico Parisi
circa 1970s.
The "eyeball" moves around in the
bottom bowl/stand.
I LOVE Italian stuff like this
and would have never believed it
was by
Ico Parisi if it wasn't signed.
And here it is....
Isn't the internets grand?

Me looking
ridiculous,
but kinda (?) cute in
an 
"Animal House"
Niedermeyer helmet.
Niedermeyer in action.....

Ok,
I clearly have lost it from exhaustion....
Back to the dry
book scans
tomorrow....

2 comments:

  1. And here I was waiting to see an Oscar Niedermayer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. a mind is a beautiful thing to taste.

    ReplyDelete