5.25.2010

i heart italian drawings from the 40s

I recently got this book on The Pig 
and unlike a lot of times,
I was pleasantly surprised
when it arrived.
"Arredatori Contemporani"
1949
The photographs are great, but it was these 
drawings
that head each artist's chapter
that really got me excited.
The one above is by
Arch. Paolo Buffa

Arch. Gian Case

Fabrizio Clerici
Only non-architect in the bunch.

Arch. Cesare Lacca
(I did not know he was a architect.)

Arch. Giulio Minoletti
I had a pair of these chairs once.

Arch. Carlo Mollino
The best.

Arch. Renzo Mongiardino
I love how the top chair is beckoning the rest, to bed I guess!

Arch. Ico Luisa Parisi
Teamwork


Arch. Pippo Pestalozza

Arch. Gio Ponti
2nd Best

Arch. Carlo Enrico Rava

Arch. Ettore Sottsass jun.
He would have been 32.

Arch. Guglielmo Ulrich

Here are facsimiles of all their
signatures.
I didn't include the 2 Franco's drawings
because they weren't so hot.
Ho hum Francos.



Sottsass's is amazing!

Here is the cover.
It's worth finding....
Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. oops on The Pig - what is that

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful where did you find this?

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The Pig" is my name for eBay....

    ReplyDelete